If you are a small business owner marketing your business online can be overwhelming at times. With so many different platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc. business owners are left wondering if they are missing out on sales if they are not everywhere in the online world.
Today, let's just keep it simple. Don't worry about those Social Media platforms and think about having a presence on the most visited website in the world: Google.
In the picture above you can see a Google Business Listing for me at Jamison Media Services. If you don't have a Google Business Page let me explain to you five advantages of creating one.
1) Having a presence when people search for you. If someone is using Google Search or Google Maps to look for you online your business info will immediately show up. In the case of Google Search, your address, hours, phone number, website and photos will all be available instantly to the person looking for you.
2) Respond to Reviews. Think about this: there are more Android phones out there than iPhones, which means users are always logged in to their Google account. What that also means is that they can leave a Google review of your business at any moment of any day of the year. Having a Google Business Page allows you to respond to positive or negative reviews of your company. With that said, if you want to know how you can get more positive reviews on Google, respond here with a "Yes" in the message box.
3) Get insights. Through your Business Page account you can get instant insights about your business. On your dashboard you have instant stats about how many searched for you online with Google, how many page views and how many took actions. See screenshot below:
4. People can text message instantly. With text messaging a popular form of communication, Google's My Business Messaging feature allows customers to instantly text message you from a Google Search. See below next to the call and directions buttons.
If someone messages you from that button, you will be notified on your cell phone. You can also customize a welcome message on your My Business dashboard.
5. It's free! The best part of everything you get with Google My Business is there is no charge! To put that into perspective it's a FREE business listing on the biggest website in the world. Over five billion searches are performed on Google daily. What's not to like?
For the rest of the month, I want to extend an invitation. If you are a small business without a Google Business Page, I will set one up for you for FREE. Just an e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to take advantage of this offer!